Pulse.com.gh logo
Go


Tragic end Generator fumes kill two at Duase

Two members of a family died after allegedly inhaling carbon monoxide fumes from their generator

  • Published:

Two members of a family died, while three others are in critical condition, after allegedly inhaling carbon monoxide fumes from their generator which was placed in a room adjoining theirs in their newly constructed house at Duase on the Kumasi-Antoa road.

Three-year-old Aisha Iddrisu and her mother, Amama Iddrisu, were found dead in their place of abode, which has a mosque attached to it.

The father, Abdulai Iddrisu, 38, and his two sons, Baby Umar and Rabo Baba, aged five months and five years, respectively, are at the Intensive Care Unit of the Manhyia Hospital in Kumasi.

The Hospital Administrator, Mr Samuel Dodzi, confirmed the admission of the three but stated that he could not provide any further details.

Neighbours confirmed that the area experienced a power outage on Sunday night and that the family had a generator which was placed in one of their bedrooms, from whose exhaust fumes they asphyxiated.

When the Daily Graphic got to the scene of the incident, family members and neighbours had gathered in the house, while a few policemen were around to ensure that no intruder got access to the house.

The police are treating the area as a crime scene.

According to neighbours, the family moved to the house less than a month ago but around 11 a.m. yesterday their watchman, who could not understand why no member of the family had been seen coming out raised an alarm.

Mr. Osei Boateng, who lived close to the area, told the Daily Graphic that some neighbours who knew some close relatives of the Iddrisu Family informed those relatives about the unusual disappearance of the family.

The source said when the relatives came around; they broke into the room, which had sliding doors and windows, only to find the entire family lying unconscious in a billow of fumes.

It was detected that the mother had passed on, while the four others were in critical condition. However, Aisha was also pronounced dead on arrival at the Manhyia Hospital.

Source: Graphiconline

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos




Top Articles

1 Suicide Mission Ashanti Region 'Shatta Wale' admitted in hospital after...bullet
2 Local Airline Two airplanes 'stolen' at Lagos airportbullet
3 Amazing! Man ‘supervises’ his own wake keepingbullet
4 Unbelievable! My heart is in "a different place” - Gospel singer...bullet
5 Video Best friends fight in church as pastor says one is the...bullet
6 Mind Blowing! 17-year-old alleged Sakawa boy spreads cash as...bullet
7 Video   Chinese ‘illegal miners’ beat up minister over...bullet
8 Satan's Tricks 9 helpful Bible verses to turn to when the...bullet
9 'All Die Be Die' Footballer divorces Miss Nigeria 2013,...bullet
10 Video “He touched me and my penis disappeared” - Okada...bullet

Top Videos

1 Strange!!! This woman says she gives birth every year without having sexbullet
2 Strange! This woman says she gives birth every year without having sexbullet
3 Hilarious! 2 university students fight over ‘sakawa’ boyfriendbullet
4 Video This video of young lesbian couple trends on social mediabullet
5 'New Technology' Women now using toothpaste to firm up sagging...bullet
6 Unthinkable! Togo is a no-go area for robbers, this video...bullet
7 Video Corpse refuses to be buried, leads villagers to its...bullet
8 Who Watches The Journalist? Journalist caught on CCTV...bullet
9 Unbelievable! Best friends fight in church as pastor...bullet
10 Weird! A community of 80 members where women don't get...bullet

Filla

X
Advertisement