Pulse.com.gh logo
Go


Tragic End Man And Two Children Die From Inhaling Generator Fumes

A man and his two children have died from allegedly inhaling fumes from a generating set kept in their room overnight.

  • Published: , Refreshed:

Join the "kokonsa" clique.Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy



Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.com.gh daily newsletter.

Dauda Tahiru, 29, and his two children, Inusa Dauda, 2, and Saramatu Dauda, an 11 month baby, were found unconscious by worried neighbours who wondered why the family were still sleeping at about 10a.m.

The three were pronounced dead on arrival at the Lapaz Community Hospital in Accra.

However, the mother of the children, Muntari Latifa, 21, who was also taken to the same hospital in an unconscious state survived. She has since been discharged from the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital where she was admitted for three days.

The family was said to have used the generating set to supply power to their room during a power outage on the night of March 15, 2015.

Briefing the Daily Graphic, the Tesano Divisional Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Mr Francis Aboagye Nyarko, said investigations revealed that the family who lived in a compound house at Nii Boi Town Container, put a generating set in their room where they slept.

He said at about 9:30a.m on March 16, 2015, the tenants in the compound house became worried when the family was not seen in the morning, which  they described as unusual.

Mr Aboagye Nyarko said some of the neighbours knocked on the door of the Dauda family but there was no response.

“The co-tenants then broke into the room and found all four members of the family unconscious and they quickly took them to the nearest hospital,” Mr Aboagye Nyarko said.

At the Lapaz Community Hospital, he said the doctor pronounced the man and his two children dead “but the woman was breathing.”

He said the medical personnel at the hospital managed to revive Latifa who was immediately referred to the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.

The bodies of the three were also sent to the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital morgue.

Mr Aboagye Nyarko said the police had completed its preliminary investigations “but we do not suspect any foul play.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos




Top Articles

1 Arrested & Charged Two-week-old baby fighting for life ‘after being raped’bullet
2 People are wondering why this bride was so sad on her wedding daybullet
3 Guy falls to death in playful actbullet
4 Gory accident claims 27 livesbullet
5 “Good men still exist, they are only ugly” – Ladybullet
6 Woman dies giving birth on her wedding anniversarybullet
7 Alert: Chinese drug made with human Flesh is in circulationbullet
8 Enough Is Enough! 32-year-old lady marries herself due to...bullet
9 This sexy female pastor’s security detail and luxury...bullet
10 German student stabs Ghanaian to death at Akropongbullet

Top Videos

1 “Your boyfriend’s penis is not for only you” - Ghanaian slay queensbullet
2 Pastor Chris Omatsola’s sex tape with church member ‘flies’ onlinebullet
3 Husband catches fitness trainer having sex with his wivebullet
4 Amazing! Pastor caught having sex with church member in a bushbullet
5 White driver and black driver trade blows over illegal drivingbullet
6 Bishop Obinim names pastors in Ghana who are also ‘Angels’bullet
7 Who Watches The Journalist? Journalist caught on CCTV camera...bullet
8 Amazing! A village where members walk on all foursbullet
9 Man who buried himself alive to become God has been rescuedbullet
10 Bank staff run helter-skelter as huge python drops...bullet

Filla

X
Advertisement