ADVERTISEMENT

Woman’s head doubles in size after using hair dye

19-year-old English student Estelle, from Paris suffered the horrific reaction as a result of the chemical, PPD which is found in 90 percent of hair dyes.

___9149858___2018___11___29___13___Expands
ADVERTISEMENT

Reports say 19-year-old English student Estelle, from Paris suffered the horrific reaction as a result of the chemical, PPD which is found in 90 percent of hair dyes.

She had suffered a less severe reaction after using a different hair dye, and regarding this terrible case, she reportedly used the allergy test that came with the product.

However, instead of waiting for the recommended 48 hours, reports say Estelle applied the dye after just 30 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Having deviated from the instructions, the young lady’s scalp began to itch and the top of her head also started to swell up.

To worsen her plight, her tongue also began to swell up and she soon had difficulty catching her breath, reports say.

She was rushed to the hospital by her mother where she was given an adrenaline injection to mitigate her condition.

ADVERTISEMENT

As her condition is normalising, Estelle and her mother have decided to create awareness about the risks associated with using PPD or its products.

Estelle told French daily, Le Parisien that: “I could still see; here I was struggling to breathe. My forehead had doubled in volume. My head was like a light bulb”.

She earlier tried treating herself with antihistamines and cream from a pharmacy, but that did not remedy the situation.

At the hospital, when doctors measured her head, it was 63 cm rather than the average 56.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

ADVERTISEMENT

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh

ADVERTISEMENT