Coconut oil has a wide range of benefits when it comes to your skin. It is packed with antioxidants and vitamins E and K that repair your skin and promote the growth of healthy skin tissues.
The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of coconut oil can prevent the surfacing of new acne lesions. However, some people may develop more whiteheads, as it may clog your pores. It is best to test a small area of skin first to determine how your skin reacts.
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil and rub it between your palms.
- Dab the oil lightly all over your face, concentrating more on the acne scars.
- Leave it on overnight and wash off the next morning.
Aloe vera contains polysaccharides and gibberellins that enhance the healing of scarred skin. It also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that promote the repair of damaged skin.
Aloe vera gel
- Extract the gel from aloe leaves.
- Apply an even layer of the gel to the affected areas.
- Leave it on overnight.
Baking soda has exfoliating properties that help slough off the dead skin cells. The slightly alkaline nature of baking soda restores the pH of your skin, thereby helping you combat acne as well as acne scars.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with a tablespoon of water.
- Apply this mixture to the acne scars.
- Allow it to dry and wash it off.