There is a general believe that the eyes are the window to the soul. And as such you wouldn’t want to give people mixed felling about how you really feel inside.
Do you thread or wax your eyebrows?
For some people threading is best, it's a known way to tame the brow leaving ample time before it grows again. And for others, Brow wax is the cleanest way to tame the brows, it cleans out the brow to give the definite shape.
If your eyebrows are in a desperate need of grooming it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to know the exact technique that soothe you for the perfect look.
Here are the pros and cons according to makeup professionals.
- Threading is great for extreme precision as you can remove a single hair or a row of hair with one movement.
- Because of precision, threading is ideal when it comes to shaping brows.
- it’s great for people with sensitive skin because there are no harsh chemicals and the thread barely touches your skin.
- Once the hair follicle is visible, it can be removed, unlike waxing where the hair needs to be a certain length.
- Longer lasting results because the hair is removed from the follicle completely.
- Threading doesn’t irritate your skin and will very rarely leave marks.
- Very quick process.
- Threading does not require a license. However, some threading salons hire licensed aestheticians.
- Threading only removes facial hair.
- Depending on the person, threading can cause discomfort.
- Your eyes may water during the process.
- Waxing salons require a licensed professional.
- it’s better for people with coarse or thick hair.
- Can be used to remove hair on all parts of your body.
- Overall quick process.
- Some people find the process to be less painful since the strip is removed so quickly.
- Not as much control and precision.
- Can be very irritating and damaging to the skin.
- Wax contains chemicals that people can have allergic reactions to.
- Takes off the top layer of skin.
- Hair follicle can break, leading to quicker hair regrowth.
We at Pulse beauty work with our free beauty ads partner Ady to showcase affordable options to get beauty products. Check Ady's free ads for these products.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: