This typically means spending more than 15 minutes within two metres of an infected person, such as talking to someone for instance.
As a result, the government has announced a lockdown in some areas of the country, to prevent people from interacting at close distances.
The Ghana Police Services have hence warned that there will be strict implementation of the lockdown.
Practice these 5 social distancing tips will help prevent the spread of the virus and as well save you from getting into trouble with the security personnel.
· Avoiding contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough.
- Avoiding non-essential use of public transport when possible
- Working from home, where possible.
- Avoiding large and small gatherings in public spaces, noting that pubs, restaurants, leisure centres and similar venues are currently shut as infections spread easily in closed spaces where people gather together
- Avoiding gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media