Green tea is an amazing anti-inflammatory agent which treats rosacea and acne
Green tea is a gentle antioxidant that's suitable for all skin types. Most cosmetics manufacturers list Green tea in skin products ingredient as camellia sinensis leaf extract.
Applying it directly to the skin, like in the form of a mask, is really effective. The powder form is much more concentrated than the liquid form we drink. Green Tea contains B vitamins, folate, manganese, potassium, magnesium and caffeine.
In addition to its health benefits, green tea has an impressive list of skin and hair care benefits.
1. Green tea improves your skin complexion and makes your skin healthy. It helps flush out toxins from the skin, heals blemishes and scars and reduces inflammation. It even improves the skin’s elasticity.
2. The antioxidants and tannins (an astringent) in green tea help treat puffy eyes as well as dark circles. They help shrink blood vessels underneath the delicate skin around the eyes. This in turn reduces swelling and puffiness.
3. Green tea has anti-aging and antioxidant benefits that can help delay signs of skin aging, such as sagging skin, sun damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
4. The catechins in green tea are antibacterial agents that help fight acne-causing bacteria. Catechins even help regulate hormonal imbalances in the body, one of the key causes of acne.
5. This popular beverage also works as a natural toner for your skin. It helps draw out impurities, reduce large pores and give your skin a nice healthy glow. It even helps keep your skin hydrated, which is essential for healthy skin.