Ingredients for yam
Cut yam into wedges. It’s easiest to cut them in half lengthwise and then quarters and then eighths.
Wash throughly with enough water. Transfer to another bowl, sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme over yam.
Fry in hot oil until it turns golden brown and transfer to a paper towel to remove oil.
Ingredients for Hot pepper sauce
- Scotch bonnet/habanero
- Medium bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Use asanka to grind scotch bonnet, onions, bell pepper, garlic.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add grated onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- All blended vegetables, stirring occasionally for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add spices and salt to taste.
- Simmer to 2 - 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or yam.