What comes to mind when you hear of breakfast are oatmeal, milo, tom brown, lipton accompanied with sandwich, crumbed eggs, bread and fried eggs among others. But those of you who have stuck to the good old hausa koko and koose know nothing can be compared to it.
Read more: Breakfast special
This breakfast is even recommended by doctor’s for recuperating patients are usually served with hausa koko and koose which is easy to drink and digest.
Read more: Opinion
Political parties, fun clubs, churches, students… served hausa koko and koose during special gathering to give them the required energy to accomplish their endeavours.
In April 2016, media officer of Accra Hearts of Oak football club disclosed to Ghanasoccernet.com that their high performance and skills can be attributed to eating hausa koko every morning at training.
“They do not take any substance, it is only koko and koose that we all eat at the training and you all are witnesses to our physique”, he said
These are the reasons why Ghanaians will forever salute hausa koko and koose
- Hausa koko is mainly prepared from millet or corn dough. Corn is a good source of protein, vitamin A and helps in weight management.
Read more: Health living
- Herbs and spices such as ginger used in hausa koko can help prevent many common ailments and infections because of its antibiotic, antimicrobial, anti- inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Cowpea, the main ingredient used in the preparation of koose (akara) aids digestion, help regulate blood sugar, high in iron and good for the heart.
Read more: Beauty Tips
- Packaging of hausa koko and koose makes it portable to transport without any spillage.
- Aside the core ingredients for preparing koose,one can add any ingredients such of lettuce, eggs, carrots, green pepper depending on your preference.
Most buyers of hausa koko and koose garnish it with roasted peanut or milk.