This combo is nothing but nutritious and tasty.
How to make coconut milk beans stew
Rice and beans is an amazing delicacy but have you tried rice with beans cooked with coconut milk?
1 cup beans
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
1 bell pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Spices and salt to taste
- Boil the beans with the cumin seeds. This infuses flavour in the beans.
- Heat oil in a saucepan then add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Let them cook but take care not to burn the garlic
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste together with some water and salt. Let these cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once done, add the spices and let them cook down.
- Put the boiled beans, carrots and the coconut milk. Stir the salt in some water and add to the food. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with any rice or any starchy food and a side veggie of choice.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: