To avoid experiencing a tortuous journey, carry along earphones or headphone and mp3; compile music of your choice to listen because no amount of asking will change the high-volume of music and film echoing from the bus speakers.
However, if one prefers to use bus this Christmas to visit their loved ones, they must follow the tips below for fun, stress-free and safe travel.
• Travel with a reputable transport company- ones that perform maintenance checks and have won awards for their good customer care service and adherence to safety rules.
• Buy your bus tickets days before your departure to avoid queuing and also get a better seat.
• Personal hygiene, always have a hand sanitizer at your disposal if you won't have access to running water and soap to wash your hands if you want to eat.
• No need to starve, bring snacks and water beforehand, you can never be sure when rest stops will happen.
• Dress comfortability but pack layers of clothes depending on the weather. Some drivers [don't] really care about you, when it comes to the temperature of the air conditioner.
• Take along a secondary power source to power your phone and keep in touch with your family.
• Bring a book on board in case of unexpected delays or massive traffic on the way to your destination.
• Always hid your valuables from the public eye.
• Don’t forget your camera to take some interesting photos to share on social media.