Largely people expect poor people to have the tendency of having an inferiority complex. But there are some poor people that do not have inferiority complex, they can man up to anybody.
People may think that not being educated can cause that but an inferiority complex is a serious psychological disadvantage. It can also mean an individual seems not to have the guts to approach anybody on anything because the position they find themselves in makes them feel lesser than the person they find themselves with. It is a cultural and socio-environment condition.
This is all you need to know about the inferiority complex according to Mrs. Sasu Mensah, a psychologist at the University of Ghana.
1. When a child makes a certain mistake like spilling juice over his clothes and then his mother tells him something like “Are you stupid?” that comment resides in his subconscious mind and starts to make him believe that there is something wrong about him.
2. If the child failed to do his homework then his teacher told him something like “You are stupid and lazy” then he might start to think that he is really stupid!
3. Some children will manage to get over that and develop their skills while some will form otherwise about themselves and start to believe that they are inferior to others.
4. One can suffer an inferiority complex due to where she or he grew up ,his parents and environment.
Inferiority complex can cause one to become:
1. Timid: that is lacking in self-assurance, courage, or bravery, easily alarmed, timorous and shy. It makes an individual feel they can’t contribute to anything - like when we have been told “the white man is better than the black man or the white person is better than the black", so in such a person’s world, he or she never sees becoming better than a white.
2. Docile: A docile student is willing to be taught. A docile animal is easy to handle. If you behave well and do what people tell you to do, you're a docile person. Docile might be a word of praise, but it can also be a criticism of someone for being overly submissive.
3. Inferiority complex can make you cut away from your peers, friends and acquaintances socially.
But anybody can psychologically grow away from inferiority complex, because.
1. Anybody who suffers inferiority complex can look for a particular zone of friends by mingling with the rich, educated and the elderly.
2. According to 2knowmyself.com, parents and caregivers need to be very cautious when dealing with children at their early stages because at these points children are highly receptive to each comment they hear about their worthiness.
3. Adults should respect the child as much as they respect their peers. Make your child feel worthy by encouraging him and taking his opinion. Don't be over-protective because this will always prevent your child from developing the needed life skills and this will make him feel inferior to others, according to Mrs. Sasu Mensah.