Meeting your fiancés family the first time could make you very anxious because you can't tell if they'll love you or not at the end of the day. All you can do is try to be on your best behaviour and try not to commit certain blunders due to your nervousness.
5 things never to do when meeting your future in-laws the 1st time
It's advisable to start on a good note with your future spouse's family, try to win them over you'll just be surprised at how well things will work in your relationship
Since you are going to be their future daughter/son-in-law, it's advisable to start on a good note with your future spouse's family, try to win them over you'll just be surprised at how well things will work in your relationship.
According to Times of India, here are some things never to do when meeting your future in-laws the first time:
1. Don't be sluggish: Everyone loves to do things at their own pace but going late to see your in-laws the first time is inexcusable. Always be on time because you don't want to rechristened with another name other than your own. Your lateness can never make a good impression on your future in-laws.
2. Be dressed modestly: It's not like you are going to a nightclub, so dress like you are going to see your future in-laws. Wear comfortable clothing and try to look sharp. for the ladies, your make up should be as minimal as possible.
3. Don't be a know it all: It's good to be knowledgeable but trying to impress your inlaws over nothing important would just sound as too desperate. So it's better to stay off subjects like religion and politics when meeting them the first time. And try not to talk too much.
4. Being too clingy: It's okay to show affection but when you can't get your hands or mouth off your partner, it begins to raise eyebrows. Inappropriate display of affection in the presence of your future in-laws are a total no-no.
5. Adhere to family rules: There are set of rules and regulations that every family lives by and since you are trying to get to know your prospective family, it's advisable to adhere by those rules, doesn't matter how absurd it may seem. Ask questions if you don't know what to do, you'll surely be directed which sounds better than making grave mistakes.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: