Remember that loving her is a choice you make every single day.
Knowing how best to show her that love whether she's your significant other, best friend, sibling or parent can be a heavy task. But it's most definitely worth it.
With all its rewards, loving a woman should be treated as an honor to be earned and a responsibility to handle with great care. With that in mind, and with Valentine's Day just around the corner, here are 24 things every person who loves a woman should know.
1. Simply listening goes a long way.
2. Don't get caught up in gender roles. Love is love is love no matter who goes to work every day or stays at home.
3. You can tell her how important she is to you every day, but if you don't show her she's important, it means nothing.
4. Don't compare her to any one else. She is special and unique, and should be treated as such.
5. Communication is everything. Without it, you're both lost.
6. Understand that she knows what's best for her.
7. Keep your word.
8. Never negate her feelings by calling her "crazy."
9. She can be fragile, just like everyone else. Make sure you're there to catch her in those moments.
10. You don't always need to have a solution to her problems. Simply being there for her is what counts the most.
11. Remember that loving her is a choice you make every single day.
12. Understand what makes her tick. Figure out her passions and join in on them.
13. Always be a loyal friend.
14. Respect her opinion, even when you don't agree with it.
15. Just because she can do it all, doesn't mean she needs to. Help her relax whenever you can by being a source of comfort.
16. Know she deals with insecurities, just like everyone else.
17. Fight her battles with her, not for her.
18. Always give her the freedom to make her own choices, even if you don't agree with them.
19. Be your best self when you're with her, so that she can do the same.
20. The woman she's become is not necessarily the woman she always was.
21. She is your equal. Treat her that way.
22. Always, always, always root for her.
23. Above all be kind to her. Always be kind.
24. At the end of the day, every woman is different. She has her own set of needs, wants and goals. Find out what they are and help her achieve them.