The Management of the Ghana Cocoa Board has said that the claim by the minority in Parliament that the company has dismissed 110 of its staff since President Akufo-Addo took office is false.

“It is unfortunate that such an assertion could not be verified by the Minority before making the statement.”

READ ALSO: COCOBOD moved to Agric Ministry

“Management of Ghana Cocoa Board wishes to bring to the attention of its stakeholders, staff, and in fact, all Ghanaians that Cocobod has not dismissed any staff over the past two months upon the assumption of the new management and does not intend to dismiss any staff on frivolous reason.”

“Cocobod has long-tested policies that guide the employment and dismissal of its staff but not on political motivation or colouration,”

READ ALSO: Government freezes Opuni’s bank accounts

They therefore asked that the general public dismiss such claims since it is false.

“The board, therefore, calls on well-meaning Ghanaians to dismiss the statement outright as it has no basis whatsoever. The staffs involved still remain employees of Cocobod and cannot be said to have had their appointments terminated. The statement made by the Minority in parliament, therefore, seeks to create fear and panic among staff and stakeholders. Cocobod wishes to inform all staff to remain calm as their employment and well-being are of paramount concern to management.”

The minority in Parliament on Tuesday, February 21, 2017, claimed some staff of COCOBOD had been fired since President Nana Akufo-Addo took office to buttress their position that the New Patriotic Party government is on an arbitrary dismissal of public sector workers.