Pulse.com.gh logo
Go


Ghana Airways Gov't will not own another national airline- Bawah-Mogtari

She however disclosed that government is seeking to do this under a pure private sector arrangement, with Government owning no equity in the airline when it is established.

  • Published:
Deputy Transport Minister, Joyce Bawah-Mogtari play

Deputy Transport Minister, Joyce Bawah-Mogtari


Join the "kokonsa" clique.Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy



Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.com.gh daily newsletter.

Deputy Minister of Transport, Joyce Bawah- Mogtari has revealed that government is taking concrete steps towards the establishment of a national airline.

She however disclosed that government is seeking to do this under a pure private sector arrangement, with Government owning no equity in the airline when it is established.

Joyce Bawah-Mogtari confirmed this to Pulse Business after she initially hinted of the arrangement on Accra-based radio station, Class FM.

“As I speak we have engaged consultants who are effectively running the process towards the establishment  of the national carrier. But as I said, this renewed attempt will be purely through private investment", she told Pulse Business.

                                                 Read More

 

She added that the role of government will be to encourage, facilitate and lend its facilities as incentives to the private investor or investors who take up the task.

"Government will just be lending its name, and, of course, its facilities to that company in return for the corporate taxes we’ll be getting.”

Ghana's national carrier, Ghana Airways, was changed to Ghana International Airlines in 2004. Under the arrangement government owned 70% shares with GIA-USA, a private consortium owning the remaining 30%. However disagreements between the shareholders and poor management resulted to the collapse of the company in 2006.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos




Top Articles

1 Over 1 million Ghanaians have lost their jobs since 2017 – Reportbullet
2 Report to work on time – Akufo-Addo tells NABCO recruitsbullet
3 Investment banks in Ghana Top 5 investment banks in Ghana and why...bullet
4 How to create a verified PayPal account Learn how to create a...bullet
5 Salaries In 2018 Here are the dates public workers will be paid...bullet
6 Breweries companies to lay off over 1500 workers in Octoberbullet
7 MTN, AirtelTigo and Vodafone to review tariffs; customers...bullet
8 Appointments Dr Hazel Berrard Amuah is new Human Resources...bullet
9 Mobile app to monitor performance of NABCO recruitsbullet
10 Your NABCO salary isn’t free money – Prez tells NABCO...bullet

Top Videos

1 Money Alert Meet Africa's richest womanbullet
2 Support Finance minister buys Kantanka carbullet
3 Dr Joseph Siaw Agyepong Nobody can collapse my company – JOSPONGbullet
4 Forbes 2018 Africa's billionaires rich listbullet
5 Bozoma Saint John 10 quotes from Uber top official, Bozoma, that...bullet
6 Selorm Adadevoh MTN CEO dances Agbadzabullet
7 Former Capital Bank staff grills pork for survivalbullet
8 New Discovery Ghana discovers new mineral, lithium in...bullet
9 New Phone Nokia’s MWC 2018 Event in Under 10 Minutesbullet
10 New Phone Nokia’s MWC 2018 event in 7 minutesbullet

Business

X
Advertisement