The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) has said it has no hand in the recent raid at the headquarters of the main opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP).

Earlier reports indicated that some armed men believed to be wearing military uniforms and using military vehicles entered the Asylum Down headquarters last Monday dawn and ransacked some offices within, allegedly taking away some official documents.

RELATED: NPP headquarters raid: Kwabena Agyepong hooted at

However, the Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Armed Forces Lieutenant, Colonel Aggrey-Quarshie has told Accra-based Citi FM that none of his men were involved in the incident at the party’s Head office.

Meanwhile, the NPP has accused some influential persons of being behind the recent attack at its headquarters.

Addressing the media after the incident, Acting National Chairman of the NPP, Freddie Blay said “We are convinced they are a junk of ruffians either sent by some individuals or by some powerful people who want to create an impression that we have problems in the party because they came at dawn. We are keeping quit for the police to come out with their investigation; we’ve been made to believe that eleven of those who came have been arrested although those who were in uniform have not yet been identified. But we are doing our own investigation because some of the watchmen identified one or two of those who were in uniform.”

RELATED: Afoko condemns attacks at NPP headquarters

Initial reports indicated that Paul Afoko was responsible for the attacks. He has, however, condemned the incident.Police have so far arrested twelve people in connection with the crime.