Pulse.com.gh logo
Go


Sad Father Of Four Killed By Kokompe Fire Outbreak

A 48-year-old business consultant has been electrocuted to death as a result of a fire outbreak which destroyed a section of the Kokompe Market...

  • Published:

A 48-year-old business consultant has been electrocuted to death as a result of a fire outbreak which destroyed a section of the Kokompe Market at Darkuman in Accra Saturday 17 January, 2015.

The fire outbreak, which started around 9:30pm on Saturday evening, consumed close to 100 wooden structures being operated separately by auto mechanics, spare parts dealers, blacksmiths, food vendors, and an alcoholic beverage seller.

The man, identified as Abraham Kobina Bruce, was said to have attempted to prevent a burning electric pole from falling into his house, but one of the high tension wires broke loose from the pole and fell on Bruce who was also said to have helped put out the fire with water from his house, located close to the market.

According to some residents, the electric pole which electrocuted the deceased had been tilted over a year ago and even though the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) had been inform about it yet nothing had been done.

His body has since been deposited at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital morgue.

He left behind four children with whom he lived in the house, together with his 80-year-old mother, who fell unconscious following the incident of his son.

Meanwhile victims who wear affected why the fire had nothing but the remains of the property which some say they will sell them as scrap to scavengers.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos