11 vital stats that emerged after matchday 11 of the Ghana Premier League (GPL)
AshGold have maintained their position as league leaders with 21 points, while King Faisal are still sitting at the bottom of the league log with 5 points after matchday 11.
Below are the vital stats that emerged:
1. Matchday 11 recorded 14 goals- It is the least number of goals on a matcday, surpassing the
15 goals scored on matchday 3 and 9.
2. None of the teams won by 2-goal for the very first this season on a matchday
3. Bechem United earned six consecutive home league win against Liberty Prof following their 2-1:
100% home record against Liberty. The Dansoman lads have lost all visits to Bechem
4. Berekum Chelsea defeated Gt. Olympics at the Accra Sports Stadium for the very first time.
The 2011 champions had lost all their 3 previous visits to Accra against the Wonder Club.
5. Gt. Olympics are the first team to lose 4 home league games this season, after they suffered a 0-1
defeat against Berekum Chelsea.
6. King Faisal extended their worst league run without a win to 11 when they were held to a 1-1 draw
against Legon Cities (D5, L6).
7. Asante Kotoko and Aduana Stars started their midweek clash with ten men each. It last happened
12 years ago- 2008 when Wa All Stars now Legon Cities and AshGold started a league game with
10 men each.
8. Asante Kotoko failed to pick their first win at Dormaa against Aduana Stars as they suffered their 6th defeat in the hands of the champions.
9. Karim Abdul of Bechem United’s goal against Liberty Prof. was the 200th goal of the season.
10. WAFA held Techiman Eleven Wonders to a 1-1 draw to maintain their record as the only team without an away defeat.
11. Medeama edged Inter Allies 1-2 to record their first away win against the Tema boys
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: