Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1. Cut bacon into cubes and wash thorougly.
2. Place the bacon in a large stockpot and cover over medium-high heat until crispy.
3. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion caramelizes.
4. Wash cabbage and remove loose leaves.
5. Shred cabbage and add to the bacon. Stir another for 10 minutes.
6. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
7. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more.