Pulse.com.gh logo
Go


In Asawase Fire guts homes of Kayayei, scrap dealers

The fire which reportedly started around 7:00pm also destroyed shops and properties of scrap dealers and other people around the area.

  • Published:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

Fire on Thursday (December 22) razed shelters of some head porters also known as ‘Kayayei’ at Asawase Togo Bar in the Ashanti Region.

This has left the head porters and others who live there homeless.

 

The fire which reportedly started around 7:00pm also destroyed shops and properties of scrap dealers and other people around the area.

READ ALSO: Time to consider the citing of gas stations in Ghana – Nana Addo

The Fire Service is yet to commence investigations into the incident.

Meanwhile five people have been confirmed dead with several others injured after an explosion that occurred at a gas filling station at La in the Greater Accra region Thursday evening.

 

READ ALSO: No dumsor in first quarter of 2017 - Jinapor assures

It is unclear yet what may have caused the explosion but eyewitnesses say that a number of people were present at the filling station at the time of the explosion.

 

The explosion is said to have occurred between the La Cemetery and Trade Fair Centre.

The Member of Parliament-elect for La Dade Kotopon , Vincent Sowah Odotei said the injured have been sent to the hospital for medical care.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos