Black Stars captain Asamoah Gyan did not make the top 20 highest earning footballers list in the world as published by US business magazine Forbes. The top 20 earners in the list amassed a whopping $563 million over the last year.
Yaya Toure is the only African football player who made the top 20 rich list by Forbes
The only African player who made the list was Cote d’Ivoire and Manchester City’s Yaya Toure who came in 12th position on the list of richest footballers in the world.
Portugal captain and Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo topped the list as the wealthiest talent in the sport with $82 million. World Player of the Year Lionel Messi came in second position with Zlatan Ibrahimovic placing third on the list.
Black Stars captain Asamoah Gyan is one of the highest earning footballers in Africa
Asamoah Gyan joined Al Ain from Sunderland on a big earning deal
Gyan made another big earning transfer move to the Chinese Super League where he plays for Shanghai SIPG at the moment.
Forbes' 20 highest paid footballers:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) - $82 million
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - $77m
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint-Germain) - $37m
4. Neymar (Barcelona) - $36m
5. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) - $34m
6. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - $26m
7. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) - $24m
8. Luis Suarez (Barcelona) - $23m
9. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) - $22m
10. Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea) - $21m
11. James Rodriguez (Real Madrid) - $21m
12. Yaya Toure (Manchester City) - $20m
13. Radamel Falcao (Chelsea) - $19m
14. Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain) - $18m
15. Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) - $18m
16. Bastian Schweinsteiger (Manchester United) - $18m
17. Angel Di Maria (Paris Saint-Germain) - $18m
18. Robin van Persie (Fenerbahce) - $17m
19. David Silva (Manchester City) - $17m
20. Samir Nasri (Manchester City) - $15m