Other Sports Pro12 Ospreys crush Treviso, Zebre-Connacht abandoned

Ulster's stay at the top of the Pro12 table was short-lived as Ospreys charged back to the summit with a comfortable win over Treviso.

  • Published: , Refreshed:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

Ospreys cruised back to the top of the Pro12 table on Saturday as they brushed aside Treviso 64-10 at the Liberty Stadium.

Having been deposed by Ulster on Friday, Ospreys had no trouble in returning to the summit as they ran in nine tries against a Treviso side still looking for their first win of the season.

Four scores in each half and a 52nd minute penalty try ensured a dominant victory for the Welsh side, while the boots of Sam Davies and Dan Biggar kept the scoreboard ticking over.

There was little to cheer about for Treviso, though, as they struggled with their discipline - Luca Bigi, Ian McKinley and Braam Steyn all shown yellow cards in the space of 14 second-half minutes.

Dean Budd's late try was a mere consolation for the Italians as they remain rooted to the foot of the table without a point, having conceded 106 points already.

Munster got back to winning ways after their defeat to Cardiff Blues last time out with a narrow 20-16 victory over Newport Gwent Dragons.

There was nothing to separate the two sides at Rodney Parade in the opening 40 minutes as Angus O'Brien and Tyler Bleyendaal kicked a penalty each and converted tries from Hallam Amos and Jean Kleyn respectively.

Two more penalties from O'Brien to the one from Bleyendaal gave Newport a 16-13 lead, but just before the hour Cian Bohane scored the crucial try - the trusty boot of Bleyendaal securing Munster's win.

There were unusual scenes in Parma for Saturday's final game as Zebre and Connacht's clash was postponed at half-time due to adverse weather conditions.

Zebre - who have yet to win in 2016-17 - found themselves 22-10 ahead at the break as the defending champions' struggles continued.

However, torrential rain and a prolonged spell of lightning and hailstones saw the match abandoned by the referee over safety concerns for the players and spectators at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi.

The match was declared null and void and the two sides will replay the fixture, with the match being played across the regulation 80 minutes as opposed to being restarted at the point Saturday's game was called off.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos

Top Articles

1 Anthony Joshua World heavyweight champion taunts heavyweight rivals on...bullet
2 Educated Footballers 6 football players with Master’s Degreesbullet
3 Maria Sharapova Tennis star named in India luxury housing fraud probebullet
4 Terry Glenn Former NFL Patriots receiver dies in car crashbullet
5 The long wait Interesting facts about Ghana's infamous AFCON...bullet
6 Racing 92 Rally to sink Toulon, Stade edge Oyonnaxbullet
7 ATP Finals Dimitrov beats Goffin to win tournamentbullet
8 NBA Curry scores 39 to power Durant-less Warriors over Netsbullet
9 NBA Irving seals sweet 16 for Celtics, Cavs rout Pistonsbullet
10 Rafael Nadal Spanish tennis star wins doping...bullet

Top Videos

1 Vox Pop How comfortable are you purchasing a contraceptive?bullet
2 Vox Pop Ghanaian fans reaction on Razak Brimah's sagabullet

More Sports