The four times FIFA Footballer of the Year developed a niche for himself as a goal machine having scored several goals for both club and country to set and break records.
Pulse Sports takes a look at the ten amazing records breaking feat, after he hit a hat-trick against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night in the UEFA Champions League.
1. In 2016 Cristiano Ronaldo became the only top European league player in the history of football to reach a milestone of scoring 50 or more goals in a season on six consecutive occasions.
2. In 2012 Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo also broke the record of reaching one hundred league goals in the shortest time possible, making him the fastest player in Real Madrid to do so. This record will also include Ronaldo being the first player to reach the status of becoming the first player ever to score against every team in a single season in the ‘La Liga’, in May 2012. In addition, while playing for Real Madrid, he also reached the record for scoring the most goals in a single season, which attributed to most goals being scored in a single minute for the same Club.
3. Ronaldo holds the record for most goals scored in a single UEFA Champions League season, having scored 17 goals in the 2013–14 season.
4.The Portuguese skipper became the fastest player to score 200 goals in La Liga in his 178th La Liga game in December 2014, , he scored a hat-trick against Celta Vigo; his 23rd hat-trick is also a La Liga record.
5. Ronaldo scored twice in Portugal's 5-1 friendly win over Cameroon on 2014 to become his Portugal's all-time top in international football with 49 goals in 110 senior appearances. He has now increased his tally to 71 games in 138 games.
6. Ronaldo executed 8 hat tricks in the 2014-15 football season, which is the highest number of hat-tricks in a single football season.
7. Star forward Cristiano Ronaldo officially became Real Madrid's all-time leading scorer across all competitions, overtaking club legend Raul on the scoring chart when he scored against Levante to take his Real Madrid tally to 323 goals in 2015.
8. The 31-year-old after scoring in the 2016 European Championship made history by emerging as the first to score in four consecutive championships.
9. Ronaldo set the record for most career goals in the top six European leagues — England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France and Portugal — with No. 367, a 27th-minute header in Real Madrid’s 2-1 win over Valencia on last week Saturday: Soccer has been played in Europe for over 150 years, in three different centuries, and in various competitions. And over all those years, at the highest level of competition, nobody — not a single player — has scored more league goals than Cristiano Ronaldo.
10. Cristiano Ronaldo registered a double against Bayern Munich in the first lef of their quarter finals tie to reach a century of goals in European competition in April 2017 and he would reach another height as the first to score 100 goals in UEFA Champions League football
11. Having scored three in Real’s last Champions League match, against Bayern Munich, Ronaldo became the first man in the history of the Champions League to score back-to-back hat-tricks, after another hat-trick against Atletico Madrid. He also broke Alfredo di Stefano’s record of most goals in the European Cup semi-finals (11) and has now moved up to 13 goals.
On top of that, he’s equalled Lionel Messi’s record for the most hat-tricks in the competition (7).
The 31-year-old also became the first man to score 20 goals in Madrid derbies and to add insult to injury, he’s scored more Champions League goals (103) than Atletico Madrid have in their entire history (100).
Ranaldo's hat-trick against Atletico Madrid made him the first player to score a hat-trick against Atletico Madrid in European club competitions in their 59 years participation.