If you agree to be with someone who just suffered a recent heartbreak or you are the one suffering from a broken heart and want to start a relationship simply to ease the pain, you are a rebound partner
5 things to note before starting a rebound relationship
A rebound relationship simply happens when someone starts a relationship almost immediately after breaking off a long term relationship.
If you agree to be with someone who just suffered a recent heartbreak or you are the one suffering from a broken heart and want to start a relationship simply to ease the pain, you are a rebound partner.
There are several things and factors to consider before you attach yourself deeply with anyone and everything gets complicated.
Inspired by Times of India, here are some things to remember and consider before beginning a rebound relationship:
1. Never use your new partner as a tool for overcoming your emotional struggles. Never depend on them to ease your pain, that's because if you do, one of you will end up feeling used at the end of the day.
2. Have a rebound with someone who'll bring you out of your dating comfort zone. Date someone who does something entirely different from what you do.
3. Never lie about your last relationship. Be honest and learn to trust them.
4. First become friends before adding romance. This explains itself, you simply can't put the cart before the horse.
5. Never expect too much from your new partner. Don't commit too soon, try not to jump into conclusions or measure your new partner by your ex's standards.
Watch porn stars give honest relationship advice:
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: