How to prepare onion rice
Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, and cook until almost tender.
- Stir in rice, and continue cooking until coated with oil.
- When onion is tender and rice begins to brown lightly, season with pepper, and pour in the broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: