How to prepare dawadawa jollof
Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
- Cut the meat into desirable sizes and wash into a saucepan.
- Add the blended onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add salt, seasoning and small water and allow to steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Allow meat to cool and fry until golden brown and transfer to separate bowl.
- Add chopped onion and garlic, leave to simmer
- Add blended pepper, fresh tomatoes and tomatoes puree. Stir and cover to cook.
- Taste for salt
- Cut dawadawa into smaller sizes, grind and all to stew.
- Add curry, nutmeg and rosemary.
- Add cabbage to stew, stir and leave to simmer.
- Add cups of rice to the stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add water, taste for salt again and cover to cook for 10 -20 minutes.
- Serve dawadawa jollof
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: