The sixth episode of the Shonda Rhimes’ hit TV series 'Scandal,' titled 'Get Out of Jail, Free' aired on Thursday, October 29, 2015.
From Fitz' romantic proposal to Olivia to Papa Pope's return, check out 10 things that happened last night.
1. Fitz impeachment hearing kicked off, and almost everyone testified.
2. To protect Olivia from testifying at the hearing, Cyrus, who is officially back to the White House, suggested a wedding between Fitz and Olivia.
3. Fitz and Mellie officially got divorced.
4. Papa Pope offered to make the impeachment problems stop if Olivia helps him disappear.
5. Olivia approached Mellie to help bring Rowan out of jail. She also told Mellie that Rowan Pope, the man she knew as Damascus Bainbridge, who blackmailed her into murdering 17 people, is her father, and also killed her son Jerry.
6. Fitz proposed to Olivia in one romantic way - rose petals and the rest.
She however stopped him, saying she doesn't want the marriage (Will she ever be ready?) “You are what I want,” Fitz said to her. “You’re not ready. You never will be,” he added.
Later on, she changed her mind, dressed up in white, and was readying to become the first lady. But that was until Mellie called, agreeing to getting papa Pope out of jail.
Olivia walked out of the wedding to meet with Mellie.
7. Jake's wife is dead. Right after Jake promises to go anywhere with her, he found her dead in Union Station.
READ : undefined
Before her death, Elise, had revealed that she was in D.C to kill Papa Pope.
8. “You are not my enemy. You are my freedom. You are going to make me President of the United States,” Mellie told Olivia after releasing Rowan.
9. Tom Larsen, the former Secret Service agent and B613 agent who killed Jerry Grant, is back.
10. Susan Ross, the vice President, wants to resign. She meets up with David Rosen, who gives her a reason to stay, saying she would make a better president than Fitz;
"Unlike the man currently holding that job, you wouldn't snag everyone around you in your zipper," he said to her.