A 28-year-old advertising agent was electrocuted at Legon while mounting a billboard under a high tension near the Legon Shopping Mall.
The deceased was identified as Isaac Kwesi Darko. According to sources, he was subcontracted to mount the billboard belonging to Ernest Chemist, a pharmaceutical company in Accra.
His body has since been deposited at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital morgue.
Confirming the incident to Daily Guide, ASP Favour Fleischer Ackon, the Legon District Police Crime Officer, said it occurred on Monday, May 25, 2015 around 12pm.
Darko, together with one other person, was mounting the said billboard when the metallic ladder on which he was standing touched the high tension cables, resulting in the accident.
Meanwhile, investigations revealed that the deceased was a cleaner at the Korle –Bu Teaching Hospital Dental School.