How to prepare beans stew and boiled ripe plantain
Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
- Ripe plantain
- Medium sized salmon
- Scotch bonnets
- Cloves of garlic
- Palm oil
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Red beans
How to prepare
1. Wash all vegetables.
2. Soak beans in water for one hour. Then boil until the beans are soft. Add more water when necessary until the beans are cooked and drain them in colander.
3. In another saucepan,heat the oil and add the onions, garlic, ginger and pepper until all the liquid evaporates.
3. Add the blended tomatoes. Remove all the bones from the salmon and add while stirring intermittently for 15 minutes.
4. Add salt and the cooked beans to the stew and stir. Lower the heat and cover saucepan
5. Cut both ends and cut through skin length-wise. Peel ripe plantain. Cut into desired sizes.
6. Boil in salt water. Check after 6-10 minutes if the plantain is soft and drain off water.
7. Serve plantain with beans stew.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: