Here's how you can easily make this small chop
Puff puff is the spongy and puffy snack in small chops. Here's how to make it.
Puff puff, like the name, is puffy and tasty and can serve as either an appetiser or a main dish.
Although quite easy to make, it can get a little tricky if you do not follow the instructions especially when it comes to the addition of the yeast. However, with the right measurement and conditions, you'll have more than just quantity but quality puff puff sinking its way down your belly.
1. 1 cup plain flour
2. 2 teaspoons yeast
3. ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
4. 2 tablespoon sugar (or more)
5. Salt (A pinch)
6. Lukewarm water
7. Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Put the flour, sugar, salt and yeast (dry ingredients) in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Add water in bit and mix properly until you have a fine and smooth blend of all the ingredients. The batter should be semi liquid. (Make sure it doesn't get too watery to avoid the puff puff soaking up all the oil).
3. Cover the batter with a clean towel or aluminium foil. Make sure it is airtight. Leave for about 30 minutes to rise.
4. Deep fry the puff puff by scooping it with your hands and gently dropping into hot oil.
There you go. So easy and stressfree.
Enjoy your puff (hot or cold)!
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: