Friendships are not meant to be forced. Sometimes you realise, that the once loving relationship you had with that friend fizzled out and you both have nothing in common anymore.
8 things that show it's time to let go of your friendship
When you no longer trust them and their loyalty is questioned
It doesn't mean you have to fight with that friend to end things, it means you don't have to deal with putting up with them as you guys don't look at life the same way anymore.
It'll be more painful if you have to fake being friends with them than staying true to yourself.
According to Life Hacks, here are some reasons it's okay to let go:
1. When you no longer trust them and their loyalty is questioned. A friend who only comes around when the going is good isn't a friend.
2. When keeping your friendship is toxic and will destroy your life.
3. When you no longer share life goals with that friend. It doesn't mean you should banish that person totally, but seldom contact is required.
4. When you are the only one working to keep your friendship together.
5. When your relationship with that friend is far from being transparent and you can't tell a their true intentions for you.
6. When they aren't pushing you to become a better than you are presently.
7. When you have no want or need for them in your life. You shouldn't feel guilty about leaving them behind.
8. When time has passed and things aren't the same between both of you. Doesn't matter how far or close you are, if your relationship is meant to be, time freezes for both of you to be on the same page.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: