Nominations opened for 2nd edition of Ghana Muslim Achievers' Awards
The first edition was held in 2016 and it is an initiative of Sukra Concepts which is supported by the office of the National Chief Imam and powered by Progressive Muslims.
It is an initiative of Sukra Concepts which is supported by the office of the National Chief Imam and powered by Progressive Muslims.
"This year, the general public will via text message, nominate individuals as well as organisations to the various categories and this will be done with additional inputs from the scheme's Research and Nominations committee," a statement jointly signed by Imran Hashiru Dikeni, Head of Publicity and Abubakar Mohammed Biyey, PRO, noted.
The statement added: "The list if nominees will however be confirmed and finalized by the GMAA board and announced at the launch of the 2nd edition on February 24, 2017 at the Coconut Grove Hotel in Accra.
"We implore members of the general public to text names of their nominees to the short code (MAA1446)based on the following categories."
Below are the categories
LIFE TIME ACHIEVERS AWARDS CATEGORIES:
1. Lifetime Achievement Award (Individual Honorary);
2. Lifetime Achievement Award (Corporate)3. Lifetime Achievement Award (Education/Entrepreneur)
4. Lifetime Achievement Award (Sports and Entertainment) 5. Lifetime Achievement Award (Civil Servant/Public Servant)
6. Lifetime Achievement Award (Zongo Chief)7. Lifetime Achievement Award (Media)
1. Business of the Year (non-Muslim)
2. Sports Personality of the Year
3. Creative Arts Personality of the Year (Music, Movie)
4. Media Personality of the Year (TV)
5. Media Personality of the Year (Radio)
6. Muslim Programme of the Year (Radio)
7. Muslim Programme of the Year (TV)
8. NGO of the year
9. Political Personality of the Year
10. Social Activist of the Year
11. Female Personality of the Year
12. Mualim of the year
13. Male Personality of the year
14. Most Promising Muslim
How to send nominations
To send in your nomination (s), type name of nominee with the prefix MAA. Send it to 1446 on all networks.
You will receive a confirmation text message of your nomination. Nomination closes on 11th February,2017.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: