Grammy winner, Adele is stunning on the cover Rolling Stone magazine. The cover is a close-up photo of Adele's bare face, made to look like she's just gotten out of the shower; she has a towel wrapped around her shoulders. Her hair looks like it's just been towel-dried in the most perfect way.
In the spread, Adele revealed everything from her private life with her partner, Simon Konecki, and their 3-year-old son, Angelo, to what she really thinks about fame, and how she's been hitting the gym more often not that she enjoys it!
Read excerpt of the interview below
1. Hello, What's Going On?The "Hello" singer admitted that she's been a bit out of touch with what's popular in music, but is patiently waiting for Frank Ocean's next album. "I've lost touch with music. Not, like, all music. But I feel like I don't know what's going on in the charts and in popular culture," Adele, 27, said. "I've not lost touch with, like, reality. Just with what's current."
2. Fame Isn't All That FunAdele, who lives a very private life with Konecki and Angelo in Brighton, is at odds with her celebrity status. This especially became apparent when fellow Brit Amy Winehouse something of a musical inspiration for Adele died of an overdose in 2011. "People think I hate being famous. And I don't. I'm really frightened of it," she told the mag. "Watching Amy deteriorate is one of the reasons I'm a bit frightened. We were all very entertained by her being a mess. I was sad about it, but if someone showed me a picture of her looking bad, I'd look at it. If we hadn't looked, then they'd have stopped taking her picture."
3. Sobbing for StevieAdele recalled the hilarious time she met Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks earlier this year. "[There was] snot everywhere," she said. "I'm not sure if I'll ever not feel a bit overwhelmed when I go to places where there are loads of stars. I always feel like I'm gonna get thrown out. Or it's going to turn out to be some, like, hidden-camera show. Like someone's gonna send me back to Tottenham."
4. She's Still in a "Serious" RelationshipDespite ongoing reports, Adele said that she and businessman Konecki are still very much together, but they simply have no plans to marry. "He's so supportive. And that takes a very big man, because I'm very successful at what I do. My last boyfriend was uncomfortable with how successful I was, and the fact that he had to share me with lots of people," she said. She also noted that their son is her "paradise" and she's brought him to "every park" imaginable. "He's a little angel. All the things I really like about myself, he brings out in me, and he's the only person that tells me no. He completely rules me," she gushed. "He's the boss of me, and it's so funny for other people to watch, because I'm the boss of everything in my work life."
5. Chasing Pavements...in NYC!Adele had plans in 2012 to move to the Big Apple, but everything changed when she found out she was expecting Angelo that year. "But I think actually the pregnancy was perfect timing in the end. It might've seemed like the most ridiculous time to have a baby, but I was starting to get a bit afraid of everything," she explained. "When I had him, it made everything all right, and I trusted everything because the world had given me this miracle, you know, so I became a bit of a hippie, an Earth mother."
6. Smoking and Booze No MoreThe slightly husky-voiced chanteuse revealed that she quit smoking. "I absolutely loved it, but it's not that cool when I'm dying from a smoking-related illness and my kid is, like, devastated." In addition, she's cut back on alcohol. She joked: "I used to be able to drink anyone under the table and still be able to put on an all-right show. But with kids, hangovers are torture. They just know. They pick up on it and just go for you."
7. Diet, But Not Depriving!Adele has slimmed down thanks to trips to the gym, but she'll never give up carbs cold turkey. "I'm not, like, skipping to the f—king gym. I don't enjoy it. I do like doing weights. I don't like looking in the mirror," she admitted. "Blood vessels burst on my face really easily, so I'm so conscious when I'm lifting weights not to let them burst in my face. And if I don't tour, you'll catch me [eating] Chinese!"
8. Taylor Swift's New BFF?Adele may not be joining fellow chart-topper Swift's squad anytime soon. The "Skyfall" singer appeared amused when the word "squad" came up in discussion. "I've heard about a squad. I wish my squad was all supermodels. We are, in our brains. I guess I have my own squad," she said of her presumably un-famous posse. "It's not as interesting as some of the other squads that are around right now. But maybe Rihanna can be in my squad! That would be really cool. Oh, God. She's life itself, isn't she? I love her."