Make your meals time better with this amazing shrimp stew recipe we have for you. It is thick, filling, and comforting without any cream. It's delicious as a side dish or as a sauce for pasta.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound frozen shrimp
- 16 ounces tomato puree
- Handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- DirectionsIn a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add garlic, onion, and red pepper, and let onion sweat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Saute until onion begins to turn translucent but isn’t fully cooked.
- Add shrimp, breaking apart pieces with the edge of a spatula.
- Once visible ice has melted away from shrimp, add tomato puree and stir.
- When mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mint leaves and continue to stir for another 3 to 5 minutes until mixture thickens to desired consistency.