According to relationship expert Bruce Muzik, most relationships start with a magical moment and later you begin to realise how different you both are, how you sacrificed so much for them. The feeling of falling in-love starts to fade and you both argue about the dumbest things.
Here are the 5 stages every long lasting relationship has pass through
1. The romance stage: The magical moment between couples in every new relationship.
2. The power struggle stage: In the power struggle stage, both partners start to think of ways to change each other but this never works. You both feel disconnected.
3. The stability stage: The romance returns in a deeper but more stable way but it's easy to get back to the power struggle stage if you don't learn mutual respect.
4. The commitment stage: You are ready to stay with your partner for better or worse, there is new balance of fun and freedom. You can always say to your partner "I love you".
5. The bliss stage: Your relationship begins to make a positive difference in other people's lives.
Watch Bruce Muzik explain better in this short video: