All students of the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) who have been posted to selected Senior High Schools are expected to report to their various schools on Wednesday, October 28, 2015, the Ghana Education Service has said.
BECE students to report to their selected schools by Oct 28
Speaking in an interview with Pulse.com.gh, the Acting Public Relations Officer of the GES, Rev. Jonathan Bettey said a final total of 439, 222 candidates who wrote this year’s examination in the various Junior High Schools have so far been posted.
This comes after the Computerized School Selection Placement System (CSSPS) posted a second batch of 109,806 BECE candidates to selected Senior High Schools Monday.
"The first and second replacement is out. We are now waiting for all the students to be at post so we know whether we have finished or not. We want headmasters and headmistresses to give us a feedback on how the students reported. If there is any problem, then we will know what to do. As far as I know, everything is done", he added.
Rev. Bettey further said their major challenge has been parents, who pressurize them to change schools for their wards who do not get their preferred choices. He however said his outfit will not bow to such demands.
"Where they (students) went where the places they selected to go. Some students do not inform their parents where they want to go, so parents start complaining that they do not want their wards to be here and there. It is a program machine that is working", he added.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: