Artiste to file for no case

Jerry Avenogbor says his client has no case to answer in respect to the charges against him.

The musician is under trial for exposing his manhood on stage wile performing in 2015 at Citi FM’s “December 2 Remember concert.”

The decision to file a submission of no case comes after the prosecution had closed its case.

The presiding judge, Abena Oppong Adiin Adjin-Doku, ordered the lawyer to file the said submission before the end of August 2017.

Wisa is facing trial for allegedly exposing his penis while performing at the Accra International Conference Centre on December 24, 2015.

He has been charged with gross indecent exposure. He has since pleaded not guilty and is on a GH₵ 8,000 bail with one surety.

The court in the course of the trial last year issued a bench warrant for the arrest of Wisa after absconding for some time. He later reappeared explaining he had fallen ill and was taken to a herbalist for treatment.

In January, the programs manager for Citi FM Jessica Opare Saforo denied seeing Wisa remove his manhood in public.

According to Miss Opare Saforo who was testifying as a prosecution witness, she was at the backstage during the performance of the musician hence did not see at first hand his alleged showing of his manhood.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh