A video making the rounds online shows the moment the man identified as Dilip Vaghela climbed the electric pole using a ladder.
45-year old man electrocuted to death while saving bird from high-tension wire (video)
A 45-year old man met his untimely death after he was electrocuted to death while trying to save a bird on a high-tension electric wire.
According to timesofindia.indiatimes.com, the incident happened at Malpur town of Aravali district in India.
The news website disclosed that bystanders tried to prevent Dilip Vaghela from climbing the electric pole three consecutive times but he wouldn’t listen.
The fourth time, when he climbed, the people left him to his fate and he went up the 50-feet-high electric pole.
He then attempts to remove the bird which was struggling for freedom from the electric wire, using a stick.
While trying to liberate the bird, the stick hit the 11KV wire, causing it to spark and throw him off.
The video shows him falling off the electric pole from the scary height and sprawling on the hard ground 50 feet below.
Some bystanders are seen rushing to lift his lifeless body from the ground, but it was too late.
The incident occurred on June 11 as reported by timesofindia.indiatimes.com but it is now going viral after some other news portals have carried it.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: