On Friday, June 9, Ghana will say goodbye to a hero, a victim of injustice parading itself as justice.
Slain military hero Captain Adam Maxwell Mahama would be laid to rest.
Captain Maxwell Adam Mahama was sent to Denkyira-Obuasi to head a platoon of about 30 soldiers three weeks ago, a duty that saw him pay an ultimate price with his life.
Because of the enormous news coverage that the death of the late captain has received, the final farewell of him has become a subject of significant public interest.
It is believed that the 31-year-old captain, who left behind a wife and two children, might be buried in the following manner.
1. He will be buried at the military cemetery, thus the family doesn’t have to buy a land.
2. He will be buried in his ceremonial uniform.
3. His sword and cap will be placed on his coffin to signify his position as a commissioned officer. The coffin will also be wrapped in a Ghana flag, accompanied by guards of honour, drumming and other military idiosyncrasies.
4. There will be a 21-gun salute by his colleagues to show that even in death, their solidarity with him endures.
READ ALSO: Murdered soldier was Mahama’s nephew
5. He will be buried in a special coffin produced by the Ghana Military Academy.
6. A ceremony consisting of the folding and presentation of the Ghana flag to his wife will take place, intended to signify honour to the spouse of the deceased.