Wa: 2-year-old boy dies from snakebite after doctors refused him treatment over folder

A two-year-old boy has died from snakebite after he was turned away by doctors of the Upper West Regional Hospital over a folder.

File Photo

The incident is said to have happened at Boli, where the boy was bitten by a snake in a Bambara beans farm.

He was subsequently given first-aid at a CHPS Compound in the area before being referred to the regional hospital.

However, the boy was reportedly turned away at the Wa Regional Hospital because the officials in charge of issuing the folders were not around.

Starr News reports that the boy waited for close to four hours without anyone attending to him.

He eventually died later that day after hours of waiting without receiving treatment.

Meanwhile, officials at the hospital have refused to comment on the matter.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh