- To change the download location on Windows 10 , you can move your Downloads folder to a new folder.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
We download items onto our computers all the time pictures, programs, documents, and more and these downloads all automatically go to the same place.
This is usually pretty convenient, as it keeps track of everything you download onto your computer, even if you want to save a particular item somewhere else after you download it.
However, if you'd like all of your files to download to a different location on your computer, there is a way to do it.
Here's how to change your download location on a Windows 10 PC .
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change the download location on a Windows 10 computer
1. Open the File Explorer. If you don't have the image of a file folder pinned to your taskbar, simply type "File Explorer" into the search bar in the bottom left corner of your screen and it will pop up.
2. If you want to create a new folder to use as your download location, do this now with the "New Folder" button under the Home tab at the top of the screen. If you'd like your files to download to an existing location, you can skip this step.
3. In the This PC or Quick Access menus, right-click the Downloads folder, then click Properties at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
4. In the new window, click on the Location tab. Then click "Move"
5. Select the folder you want to make the download location on your computer.
6. Click "OK." This will cause all of the files currently in your Downloads folder to move to the new folder. When they are done loading, close the Properties window. New files that you download should automatically go to the new folder.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to manually check for updates on a Windows 10 computer and install them
- How to change the refresh rate on a Windows 10 computer, to improve your viewing or gaming experience
- How to record audio on Windows 10 using the Microsoft Voice Recorder app
- How to turn off the mouse acceleration feature on a Windows 10 computer, to get more accuracy with your mouse
- How to turn off sleep mode on your Windows 10 device, or adjust the time it takes for it to turn on
NOW WATCH: How autopilot on an airplane works
- How to change the user on your Windows 10 computer so multiple people can use the same PC
- How to post videos on Instagram in 3 different ways
- How to select multiple photos on your iPhone, or select all photos in your Photos app at once
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy