4-year-old dies after drinking mother's akpeteshie

The deceased was said to have mistaken the locally made liquor to water.

___7129810___https:______static.pulse.com.gh___webservice___escenic___binary___7129810___2017___8___10___23___1_1

The incident occurred at Enyan Abasa, a farming community in the Central region.

The deceased, who has been identified as Adwoa, was said to have mistaken the locally made liquor to water.

Reports say the akpeteshi which caused the girl’s death belongs to her mother, Nana Enyiwa.

Residents told Accra-based Adom FM that the mother often uses the akpeteshie as an appetizer before her meals.

The girl mistakenly drank it and began suffocating and bleeding through her nostrils.

She was initially rushed to the Enyan Abasa health centre for treatment but was later transferred to the Asikuma hospital. She, however, did not survive.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh