So, there’s still three days of the Lagos Fashion and Design Week left and so much fashion is yet to be displayed. So for those of you who would still like to attend, here are a few tips on how to make a statement at the show.
1. Play it safe: Fashion week is not all about ghen ghen dressing. So, you don’t have to wear a suit. Go simple in a fitted pair of jeans with some comfortable sneakers and a nice printed shirt. A nice Fedora could bring the look to life.
2. Go all the way: Now these are for the guys who can stand the heat and could make the ladies swoon. Get your power suits, be it single or double breasted. You can even go the extra mile with a waistcoat or great accessories. Don’t forget to do it all in moderation though.
3. Create a balance: what do you do if you don’t want to go full suit look or full casual, well you find a middle ground. Try pairing you fitted jeans with a shirt, tucked or not depending on the style of shirt, and a nice blazer, a Fedora and some slippers or brogues to match.
4. Find your urban style: It’s that cool like that you just can’t figure out how it came together. You can pull it off with some cool sneakers; maybe a printed dashiki or long top with ripped jeans and a hat or ripped jeans, sneakers, with a buttoned shirt, and a double-breasted blazer.
5. If all else fails: Go patriotic! Pull out that beautiful traditional wear.
We all know that these days, traditional wear comes in different shapes and looks so you can combine your trad top with fitted jeans and sandals and accessories appropriately.