How to prepare yam hash brown
Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
- 400g of shredded Yam (Use a grater)
- 2 finely diced Banana shallots
- Half finely diced Jalapeño pepper
- 1 large whisked egg10g of Goats butter
- 2 tablespoonfuls of Olive oil or Coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Peel the Yam and using a grater shred into thin pieces.
- Wash the shredded Yam under lukewarm water for 3 minutes and cold water for 30 seconds (to get rid of the starch).
- Transfer the shredded Yam into a tea towel and squeeze out any excess water.
- Transfer the shredded Yam into a bowl. Add the finely diced shallots, Jalapeño chillies, egg and salt to taste. Mix everything together and set aside.
- Place a frying pan on a low heat and add your preferred oil. Warm the oil up gently for 3 minutes and add your butter.
- Once your butter has melted add the Yam mixture and spread evenly.
- Keep stirring for 5 minutes as it gently cooks.Using your spatula gather everything into a neat circle.
- Fry gently for 5 minutes on each side till each base forms a perfect crust, as shown above.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: