German news magazine Der Spiegel reported the bidding committee had set up a slush fund of 10.3m Swiss francs (about $6m at the time) that was used to secure four votes from FIFA's 24-member executive committee.
The magazine added that former Adidas chief Robert Louis-Dreyfus privately contributed to the fund.
Germany won the right to hold the tournament in 2000.
FIFA said the allegations would be "reviewed" as part of its ongoing investigation into corruption in football.
FIFA President Sepp Blatter and UEFA head Michael Platini were suspended by the world governing body for 90 days earlier this month over a $2m payment from FIFA to Mr Platini in 2011.
On Friday, the English Football Association became the first federation to drop its support for Mr Platini's FIFA presidential bid for election in February 26.
Mr Platini has said the payment was for work he carried out under a contract for FIFA as an advisor to Blatter between 1999 and 2002 while Mr Blatter said that he had had a "gentleman's agreement" with Platini over the payment.
The FA said in a statement: "At the UEFA meeting on Thursday the FA learnt more information relating to the issues at the centre of this case from Mr Platini's lawyers.
"As a result of learning this information, the FA Board has this morning concluded that it must suspend its support for Mr Platini's candidature for the FIFA Presidency until the legal process has been concluded and the position is clear."
So far, 14 football officials and sports marketing executives have been indicted by Swiss and US authorities over corruption.
They are also looking into the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups to Russia and Qatar respectively.
SOURCE : SkyNews.com