- Moving from a small town in Connecticut to New York City came with its challenges.
- I soon began to realize that there were things I really missed (and didn't miss at all) about small-town life.
- Here are 9 things I do and don't miss about living in a small town, compared to living in New York City.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
After growing up in the rural town of Woodstock, Connecticut, where the population is approximately 8,000 people, I admittedly couldn't wait to move to New York City , the most populous city in the country. I looked forward to everything living in a big city has to offer in the realm of food , entertainment, nightlife, job prospects, and more.
Moving from a town of 8,000 people to a city of 8 million residents did, however, come with its challenges.
I soon realized that there were certain things I missed about small-town life and other things that made me never want to go back.
Here are 9 things I do and don't miss about small-town life after moving to New York City.
- The 25 richest people in New York, ranked
- Take a look inside a glittering, $16 million penthouse in the hottest new San Francisco neighborhood that Facebook, Google, and Salesforce call home
- These are the 15 hottest destinations billionaires are traveling to in 2019