- The report's main conclusion was that the president "conditioned a White House meeting and military aid to Ukraine on a public announcement of investigations beneficial to his reelection campaign."
- The Democratic-led committee also found that Trump "obstructed the impeachment inquiry by instructing witnesses and agencies to ignore subpoenas for documents and testimony."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
This story is breaking. Check back for updates.
The House Intelligence Committee released its report on Tuesday of its key findings in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.
The report's main conclusions were:
- "The President Conditioned a White House Meeting and Military Aid to Ukraine on a Public Announcement of Investigations Beneficial to his Reelection Campaign."
- "The President Obstructed the Impeachment Inquiry by Instructing Witnesses and Agencies to Ignore Subpoenas for Documents and Testimony."
- Trump "removed anti-corruption champion Ambassador [Marie] Yovanovitch."
- The president's "hand-picked agents" began the "scheme" to strongarm Ukraine into acceding to his political demands.
- Read more:
- Think Trump will get impeached? Gambling sites say the odds are in your favor
- Trump could be impeached and removed from office but still win reelection in 2020
- Over half of the House of Representatives support the impeachment inquiry against Trump see all of them here
- Everything you need to know about Trump's impeachment process: What's happened, who the players are, and what comes next
- 2 US officials were so disgusted Trump withheld military aid from Ukraine that they resigned
- Congressional Republicans are repeating many baseless conspiracy theories in Trump's impeachment inquiry. Here's why they're all bogus.
- A recent court ruling could open the floodgates and let Congress haul in all of Trump's allies who have refused to testify in the impeachment inquiry