- Partisanship can make it difficult for Congress to pass legislation and s ome experts have asserted that partisanship in Washington has reached historic levels.
- In 2015, researchers studied House partisanship from 1949 to 2011. They wrote about their findings in a paper published in PLoS ONE and visualized the divide between Democrats and Republicans .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
EDITOR'S NOTE: This video was originally published on April 21, 2016.
Produced by Alex Kuzoian. Original visualization by Mauro Martino .
- Democratic primary voters expect Elizabeth Warren to crush the third 2020 Democratic debate, while expectations of Joe Biden have taken a sharp downturn
- Pete Buttigieg is running for president in 2020. Here's everything we know about the candidate and how he stacks up against the competition.
- Amy Klobuchar is running for president in 2020. Here's everything we know about the candidate and how she stacks up against the competition.