Ghanaians commiserate with the Nduoms after massive fire

Many Ghanaians, including former President John Mahama, have taken to social media to express their condolences to the Nduoms and the hundreds of workers affected.

The Saturday evening fire is said to have been sparked by faulty air-conditioning and started at the television studio of Amansan Television in Accra.

A statement from Groupe Nduom, the parent company, said the fire started at Amansan Television and engulfed other offices but did not get to the hotel itself, which are all in the same premises.

"The fire spread to other offices on the same block as the ATV studio. The ATV studio and four commercial offices of Groupe Nduom are on the same block...It is important to note that the Regency Hotel and its restaurant, guest rooms and conference facilities are intact and were not touched by the fire”, a statement from the company said.


Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:


Our newsletter gives you access to a curated selection of the most important stories daily.

Welcome to the Pulse Community! We will now be sending you a daily newsletter on news, entertainment and more.